Albi understands the importance of protecting the environment and we are committed to embedding sustainability into our business.
As a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant, our aim is to reduce the impact that product packaging has on the environment by:
- improving packaging design, without compromising product quality and safety
- increasing the use of sustainable packaging materials
- providing relevant recycling information to our customers
- maximising recycling options when it is no longer suitable for use
John Logan Foundation
Albi supports the John Logan Foundation - a not-for-profit charity that provides financial support to people diagnosed with gastrointestinal (GI) cancers. The Foundation assists by contributing to the cost of prescribed treatments and procedures that are not available on the PBS (Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme). John Logan was a valued member of the Albi family whose battle ended in 2008 when he was 46 years old. He planted the seed for the Foundation with those close to him. John’s family and friends went on to establish the John Logan Foundation in 2009, which Albi supports in an ongoing way.
To find out more about the Foundation, visit www.johnloganfoundation.com.au
Albi’s Melbourne-based buyers foster strong relationships with suppliers around the globe including in China, India, Vietnam, Turkey and Portugal. We place high importance on ethical sourcing and the wellbeing of workers across our supply chain.
Albi continually monitors the performance of its suppliers against the ETI (Ethical Trading Initiative) Base Code. This code is founded on the conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and is an internationally recognised code of labour practice.
The ETI Base Code presents the following core standards:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to receive collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practiced
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
*The full ETI Base code contains sub-points that provide detail to each of the above areas. To read these and learn more about the code, visit www.ethicaltrade.org/eti-base-code.